Changes to our weekly service
Information when attending our Parish Public Mass
Please find the Parish Risk Assessment during these difficult time for when we are able to open our doors.
The information below must be followed to ensure we are all safe.
- Do not attend Mass if you have any symptoms of COVID – 19.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times. (Remove briefly only to receive the host)
- Stewards will be on duty at each Service.
- At all times, use the distancing rule advised by Government.
- Within the church you will see signage. Please ensure this is followed.
- Enter the church via main door. There will be a one-way system only. Please do not go back on yourself.
- Sanitiser is to be used before entry into the church via hand pump, located either side of the doors above the Holy Water font.
- Within the church you will see areas where you may or may not sit. You will be guided by the stewards.
- You need to sit at the end of the pews and not the centre. The tape indicates this.
- No hymn or service books will be used during Mass.
- All kneels are not to be used, as these have been put out of action temporarily.
- All prayers and dismissal will be said before we receive the Holy Sacrament.
- You must take all your belongings with you as you will not be able to return to your pew.
- A steward will guide each person when to receive the Holy Sacrament.
- The Holy Sacrament will be placed in your left hand and NOT YOUR TONGUE.
- Remove you face covering slightly to enable placing the host into your mouth. You must replace your face covering as you walk out of the church following the directional signs via foyer and exit.
- Please do not linger in the foyer due to social distancing.
A guidance to be followed please – Any queries please speak to our friendly stewards
Update on Covid-19 and Vaccination: In September 2020 the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales issued a statement COVID-19 and Vaccination (24 September 2020). In the light of the recent breakthrough in vaccine development they have now issued a follow up statement (3rd December 2020) which can be found on the CBCEW website along with the original September statement. The Bishop would be grateful please if you would circulate this information to your parishioners and include the link to this information to be found on the CBCEW website, and make mention of this please in your Parish Newsletters and Websites. Link: https://www.cbcew.org.uk/home/our-work/health-social-care/coronavirus-guidelines/update-on-covid-19-and-vaccination/