Welcome to the parish of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Loughborough.
During these past weeks , Fr Paul has been sharing with us how we can follow Jesus by spending time in prayer, reading from the bible and listening to our Lord. We are a parish family who may not be able to meet, or worship like we would normally in these present times together, however we all have one thing in common, Our Lord, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Follow us on our new Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/sacredheartlboro
Contacting Fr Paul: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website changes – over these next few weeks this website will be changing slightly in format. Please bare with me whilst this is being carries out. The first steps is:-
Weekly NewsLetter – New format:- Please see the attached new format. This is to enable us to print and share with parishioners who are unable to access this web page.
Parish Collections: – Thank you to all who have kept giving to our parish during these difficult times. If any person who has not already and would like to contribute to the running of our parish during these strange times, please speak to Fr Paul for a Standing Order form. Alternately, after each Mass as we leave the church, there is an offertory box on the side table by the door into the foyer.
Children’s Liturgy: – Children’s-liturgy webpage
Unfortunately, due to the present situation we are not able to offer Children’s Liturgy. If you would like any information to help your youngsters spiritually, please drop me a line. Fiona.Cooper@live.com
Over these past months to help our younger parishioners, a Facebook page is available, where you have the opportunity to visit our linked webpage, which shares the gospel by an activity sheet and an upbeat YouTube song and video.
Dear Lord Jesus, as a parish we pray for our young parishioners who we have not seen for a little while. We pray that they continue to love to learn about you, through children’s scripture and song, as families come together during these wintery days ahead. Amen
FOLLOWING COVID RULES whilst attending Mass
If we do not follow this information, there is a higher risk of the church being closed once again. None of us want that, but safety of our parishioners is essential.
- Do not attend Mass if you have any symptoms of COVID – 19.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times. (Remove briefly only to receive the host)
- Stewards will be on duty at each Service.
- At all times, use the distancing rule advised by Government.
- Within the church you will see signage. Please ensure this is followed.
- Enter the church via main door. There will be a one-way system only. Please do not go back on yourself.
- Sanitiser is to be used before entry into the church via hand pump, located either side of the doors above the Holy Water font.
- Within the church you will see areas where you may or may not sit. You will be guided by the stewards.
- You need to sit at the end of the pews and not the centre. The tape indicates this.
- No hymn or service books will be used during Mass.
- All kneelers are not to be used, as these have been put out of action temporarily.
- All prayers and dismissal will be said before we receive the Holy Sacrament.
- You must take all your belongings with you as you will not be able to return to your pew.
- A steward will guide each person when to receive the Holy Sacrament.
- The Holy Sacrament will be placed in your left hand and NOT YOUR TONGUE.
- Remove you face covering slightly to enable placing the host into your mouth. You must replace your face covering as you walk out of the church following the directional signs via foyer and exit.
- Please do not linger in the foyer or car park due to social distancing issued by the government.
Changes to our weekly service
- COVID update within our parish:- If you know of anyone who doesn’t have access to the parish website and would like to receive the weekly gospel reflection and a miselett, with the weekly readings, please email me on Fiona.Cooper@live.com with their name and address, as I am happy to print and post parish news through their doors, because we all are part of the family of Christ.
- Booking to attend a Weekly Mass Service: If you have access to the internet and able to access this web site mass booking.uk please sign up as a new user, or sign in if already registered. When the services are accessible once again on line, you will only be able to book 7 days ahead.
- First Holy Communion:– Due to the ongoing situation with the country in lock down, and unsure when it will be lifted, our First Holy Communion classes are just delayed, with the hope of starting them as soon as we are able too. The date for our Parish First Holy Communion would be end of June start of July.
- Update on Covid-19 and Vaccination: Bishop Patrick has received a number of letters from concerned Catholics in regards to the new vaccine. Further information is available on the following COVID page https://sacredheartloughboro.org/covid-19-parish-information/
Links within Parish Life
- Further COVID 19 information can be found on the COVID PARISH INFORMATION page.
- Nottingham Diocese Interaction News:- https://sacredheartloughboro.org/interaction-nottingham-diocese/
- To access the quick parish update page:- https://sacredheartloughboro.org/quick-updates-with-our-parish/
- Children’s Liturgy Web Page:- https://sacredheartloughboro.org/home/childrens-liturgy/
- New Supporting Life Through Prayer and Traditions page:- https://sacredheartloughboro.org/supporting-catholic-life-through-prayer-and-traditions/
Proclaimer:- If you have any feedback about the new website design, please contact the website admin via the contact form here.